Now the hard part, starting over again for the next one, AND using what we learned to make that conference better!
We’re already looking at the survey results and are incredibly pleased with the criticisms! Give us more, like the survey says, be brutal. We won’t know what to fix until you guys all tell us. The praise is good too, keep it comin’ by all means :)
Time for a bullet list. My 360Flex take-aways
- Ryan Stewart is a lightweight :-P (Ryan knows I love him, he’s my only superstar friend!)
- Sim Batemen is my hero too, Jen
- Conferences are hard, i might have said it before but I can’t double-click that enough
- Running a conference is frakkin’ great! I love it. I love that you guys had a good time, I love that the community not only got a little bigger with the 101 track but that it also got smaller. Blogs now have faces, IM IDs are now people we’ve had drinks with. That’s great!
- Twitter as a back channel, hotness!! Pretty sure not it’s intended use, and also pretty sure we killed a few servers this week, sorry Twitter team, but the back channel is the bomb!
- Food and beer might possibly make a conference!
- Speakers are rarely prepared, and never give up their sessions in advance, because they don’t have them.
- Lastly, you can’t please everyone, but damned if we’re not gonna keep tryin’
See everyone in six or so months. :D