MacBook Air, freaking cool, mostly.
No firewire, cool
No Ehternet, as I said, meh, i’d like it, I find it odd not to have it but whatever.
no DVI, cool.
It started out as the thing I’d be buying just as soon as I had the money saved, until details started to emerge.
- black keyboard? Really? They must be going for the Dell look, not cool.
- can’t up the RAM myself? MBPs support 3 gb now, does the Air not? Can I only get the RAM I’m gonna have forever at order time? WEAK
- Solid State drive, costs a fortune (I know they ain’t cheap but I bet Dell isn’t charging that much , are they?
- 4200 rpm moving parts drive? kinda slow, but ok, not terrible since like I said, i’d want it for writing.
- no user replace able battery? WTF Apple!? You’ve already taken knocks for this in the iPhone, granted their still selling like crazy but still. This is a laptop, not a "device" not a big ass iPod. It’s a laptop. My 1 and some change years old MBP is on battery 2. the other started crapping out. it’d go from 30% to 0% in in 0 seconds, and I’d be SOL if I was working. No biggy, i went out and bought me a new one. There’s not way I’d take my machine in for who knows how long for Apple to replace the battery, or ship it somewhere… WEAK
So the over all verdict….
I’ll be waiting until MacBook Air v2. It’s not like Apple batteries are ugly and they’ve already made them very flush and nicely blended, by not have that at the bottom?
Sorry Apple, you were THIS close to having 2,000 more of my hard earned, weakened US Dollars.