I’m internet famous!!

by John Wilker in Announcements, community, iPhone

ok well Kinda!

The Brightkite iPhone app demo that made the rounds yesterday, boom tadow, I’m in it! :)

Techcrunch has a great write up.

Brightkite’s iPhone app, currently in private-ish (limited to 100 by Apple), is a truly great app, I can’t say more about it, but when it goes live, in the coming the months, it’s gonna be huge! It shows the value of not just the iPhone platform, making really cool and fun/easy to use applications, but also location aware applications.

9 Responses to “I’m internet famous!!”

1. Ryan Stewart says:

It is an awesome app. I -heart- brightkite.

And they’re just down the street from you guys!

=Ryan
    ryan@adobe.com

2. John Wilker says:

@Ryan

yeah they’re very cool guys (and girl)! Their site, and iPhone app kick the llamas ass!

Next time you’re in town and hanging with them let a brutha know ;)

3. Juan says:

Haha, that Metropolis Coffee looks familiar. Couple blocks from my place.

4. anon says:

dude, isn’t there already like a dozen apps like this on iTunes?

5. John Wilker says:

@anon, yeah there’s lots of apps in the app store. most suck. Loopt = tried it, not as useful, since it seems to be more interested in finding people to date. There’s another I haven’t tried, but Brightkite offers a much better experience IMO. To each their own of course.

6. Ryan Stewart says:

It is an awesome app. I -heart- brightkite.

And they're just down the street from you guys!

=Ryan
    ryan@adobe.com

7. John Wilker says:

@Ryan

yeah they're very cool guys (and girl)! Their site, and iPhone app kick the llamas ass!

Next time you're in town and hanging with them let a brutha know ;)

8. anon says:

dude, isn't there already like a dozen apps like this on iTunes?

9. John Wilker says:

@anon, yeah there's lots of apps in the app store. most suck. Loopt = tried it, not as useful, since it seems to be more interested in finding people to date. There's another I haven't tried, but Brightkite offers a much better experience IMO. To each their own of course.